ALIENS LAND IN CAPITAL CITY!!

ALIENS LAND IN CAPITAL CITY!!
Okay, very small aliens that got here in a flying colander....

Tuesday, 16 September 2008

the woman and the dog

Isn't this weird? It's been in a cupboard in Susie's house and I found it just the other day when I was helping her tidy. She says she thinks it's the kind of thing a sailor might make and hang up in his bathroom (she means toilet, but she doesn't like that word) in his cottage on the coast. I don't know. It's not kinky, exactly, just a bit odd. A wee bit like those paintings on the side of bomber planes in the second world war. Saucy, maybe that's the word. I asked why she had it, but she said she didn't remember where or when she got it, probably from a jumble sale years and years ago, like in the 1980s. She said it was kitsch. She likes kitsch. Right now, in her bathroom (toilet) she's got painted plaster statue-wall-hanging type things of the Virgin Mary holding the baby Jesus, and of St Joseph, and a plastic crucifix with a glowing green Jesus on the cross (but his arms are broken) propped on top of the tank. It's a bit strange. Anyway, I asked if she might be going to put the woman and the dog in the bathroom (toilet) too, but she said no. Instead, she has it sitting on top of a mirror that's behind the taps of the bath, in the bathroom (which actually has the bath in it), next to some plastic lobsters, and a sauce boat, which is shaped like a fish, that she keeps her face scrubs and stuff in. If you had any phobias about holy statues or sea creatures, Susie's house would not be a good place to visit. Oh well. Luckily I don't. But if she starts putting up model spiders or pigeons I'll have to say something.

No comments: