ALIENS LAND IN CAPITAL CITY!!

ALIENS LAND IN CAPITAL CITY!!
Okay, very small aliens that got here in a flying colander....

Thursday, 11 September 2008

Mastermind

It's sunny today. Susie's in a good mood when it's sunny. Also, she slept for ages and didn't get up properly until half past eleven. I predict the weather will get cooler later, though.

Here's a photo of Susie\s new chair. It's second hand, actually, but it looks quite good, and she says it's not uncomfortable. I think it looks like the chair on Mastermind, and when she's sitting in it I always want to say 'your specialist subject starts now' but I'm sure she would just give me a really withering look. I don't know what her specialist subjects would be, in fact, because she does know a lot about a lot of things, and I don't know how, except for the Internet, I could ever line up questions for her as tests. Maybe I should sit in the chair, and she could question me. My specialist subjects would be...probably her. She could say 'When was Susie Maguire born?' and 'At what age did Susie Maguire first get drunk' or whatever, and I would probably remember the answers from all the times she's told me about her difficult childhood and teenager years and her family and all the things she wishes she had happened differently. Which she says is not the same as having regrets, more to do with wanting to be the Director and not just the Actor. She says this is part of being a writer, that you always think of different paths a character might take, and then you think about which ones you took, or would take, and you wonder if you would do things differently if you knew the path was going up a steep hill or through a bog or down a tunnel into Gollum's cave, she says. I don't get that bit, but I sort of know what she means.

Anyway. Here's the chair. Boom boom-boom boooo-ooomm-mmmm, boom-boom! Etc. (That's the theme tune in case you don't recognise it.)

No comments: