
The sky here today is dark grey, like it's been most of this week, most of the month really. It would be a nice colour for a shirt made from linen, but as a colour for the sky it's horrible. I never realised how much colour was important to me until recently. I used to think it was just nice, flowers, materials, etc, but actually it's how it affects your mood, and part of that is the colour of clothes, but also buildings and the sky. A grey linen sky sounds nice, very poetic, but it's dead boring if that's all you get for weeks. Grey eyes are nice too. We don't very often really get to see other people's eyes. I mean, when they're friends you're not really noticing, but every so often you meet someone new and when you've got over being dead shy and actually look at their face and their skin and their eyebrows and their lips and their earlobes and the colour in their irises, it's a bit druggy (I imagine, because I've never experimented). Weird. I like grey eyes, grey-green. In humans. I remember looking at my hamster's eyes, when I was small and had a hamster (not for very long) and they were just pure black and very shiny, no whites, no colour, and they were a wee bit sinister actually. Don't get me started on insect eyes.
Anyway. This is one of Susie's eyes. Not her actual eye, like some horrible crime story about murderers who collect eyes (why did I even think of that?) but a photo of one of them. The right one. It's quite grey looking here (as well as bloodshot, it's her allergies) but sometimes they look blue or greenish.
No comments:
Post a Comment