ALIENS LAND IN CAPITAL CITY!!

ALIENS LAND IN CAPITAL CITY!!
Okay, very small aliens that got here in a flying colander....

Sunday, 27 July 2008

The memory, and stuff about brains


I'm plonking this information in a post because otherwise I'll probably forget it, and it was really very very interesting, fascinating even. Susie sent me the link, and I understood most of it, but will have to go back again, maybe when I've had a cup of tea. And some chocolate. Anyway, I'm talking to myself now, which is probably a sign of losing my marbles or something. The article (link below) is in the Observer today, and it's about how the brain works or doesn't...mine works okay, I think, except for spelling and foreign words (and the capital cities of places, and their exact location, and of course things like maths and how cars works, or which century the Ming Dynasty was, which my ex boyfriend Ken used to try to explain to me, until it bored me to death and we split up, but that's a long story) but then, as Susie says, it's still quite young and squishy and not as filled with important facts and stuff as hers is. Och well.

This head is a wee plaster sculpture thing in Susie's house, by the way. It was made (I think, can't remember exactly, and nor can she, so Huh!) by one of her Uncles, and she has it because it was in the house of her cousin who went into a retirement home. I like it.

So here's the link to the article.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/jul/27/neuroscience.medicalresearch


No comments: