
This is supposed to be SUMMER. What happened? My mum says it's a sign of getting old when you start talking about the weather of years past, and today I heard myself saying out loud in a shop something to a total stranger about how this cold weather was unpleasant and not summery and that when I was a kid summer always seemed like weeks of sunshine. The person I was saying this to just looked at me - for about 4 seconds, with her mouth open - and I realised she was younger than me, about 3 years younger, but she was looking at me as if I was mental, as if I was talking like an old person. This is how it starts. This is a madness. By the time I'm thirty I'll be wearing navy and beige and having chiropdy appointments and eating minced beef from a tin!!! Och. Maybe not - maybe I should just never talk to girls at tills in Somerfield supermarkets.
But it IS stupidly bloody cold for mid-summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment