ALIENS LAND IN CAPITAL CITY!!

ALIENS LAND IN CAPITAL CITY!!
Okay, very small aliens that got here in a flying colander....

Tuesday, 24 June 2008

princess of whales

I think my writer friend Susie is still a bit ill. She says she's pining for the fjords of Dubrovnik, but I don't think there were any. Surely you only get fjords in Scandinavian countries? Anyway, she's moping around, muttering. Maybe because she's got another journey coming up. Only Inverness. A week of being spoon-fed and having attention paid to her every bon mot (which is French for good word), so she'll be fine when she gets there, all perked up. Meanwhile, she says she's still lost in the maze - she means the inner-ear balance thing. Maybe - wow, I just thought of this, it's possibly quite brilliant, who can I tell?? - maybe all these whales and dolphins that get 'lost' near beaches, are actually suffering from something similar?? Maybe it's caused by submarines sending out their pinging noises which confuse them (the whales and dolphins) and maybe that's why they (Ws + Ds) swim the wrong way and die, because their inner-ears (they don't have visible ears, really, but they must have inner ones because they can sing to each other and hear fish) are confused!!!! Well, that's my theory. And it's terribly sad, seeing them splashing about with their dorsal fins all limp, but on the other hand it's probably pretty annoying for the poor whale/dolphin when they're trying to die and boats full of humans in eco-tee-shirts keep trying to shove them back out to sea or throw squid down their throats. If I was dying I would quite like to be left alone to get on with it. And Susie quite likes to be left alone when her ears are mental, because it makes her irritable.

I'm fairly sure there is no reincarnation, but it would be nice to come back as a whale of some species that is protected, and find out about all these secrets of the deep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marina, nice theory, you should call up David Attenborough, see what he thinks about it.

Agnes

William Gallagher said...

Um, loathe as I am to make jokes about people's names, I offer in all seriousness that yours, Marina, does already have a certain sea-related flavour.

William

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with william gallagher, your name brings to mind small coastal towns and fishing fleets

Fred.

Me said...

Och, come ON!! Names are dead personal. Did you know there's actually Princess called Princess Marina?? Yeah, a real human person, with a title...so not such a joke after all.