This is a picture of a beautiful clock in a beautiful house on a beautiful island off the coast of Dalmatia (or Croatia). Susie took it using 'a 1980s design object' (an Olympus AF-10). She says this image makes a statement about the elusivity (?) and elasticity (I think) of Time. I'm not quite sure what she means. Something to do with capturing time using machines, maybe? The old clock, fixed in time by an old camera, and being seen in another place and time? I don't know. But I do like the clock. She says it's about time for her to get a digital camera now, something fast and tiny that can zoom and stuff. Watch this space.ALIENS LAND IN CAPITAL CITY!!
Okay, very small aliens that got here in a flying colander....
Friday, 27 June 2008
Time, please
This is a picture of a beautiful clock in a beautiful house on a beautiful island off the coast of Dalmatia (or Croatia). Susie took it using 'a 1980s design object' (an Olympus AF-10). She says this image makes a statement about the elusivity (?) and elasticity (I think) of Time. I'm not quite sure what she means. Something to do with capturing time using machines, maybe? The old clock, fixed in time by an old camera, and being seen in another place and time? I don't know. But I do like the clock. She says it's about time for her to get a digital camera now, something fast and tiny that can zoom and stuff. Watch this space.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I did offer to give Susie my iPhone for free, with its small but surprisingly good camera, in a sudden fit of a) fantastic generosity or b) craving an upgrade to the new iPhone 3G and trying to justify it to myself (delete as applicable).
But no. Turned down. Spurned.
Listen, Marina, you sound like an iPhone kinda woman, do you want mine? It's a bit worn, I'm afraid.
William "Will Get a 3G iPhone Somehow" Gallagher
Post a Comment