
I've been rushing around today like a mad hen, being useful and helpful and efficient. Meanwhile, Susie's been doing practically nothing. Thinking, she says. In her slippers and pyjamas, and sometimes lying on the floor. Thinking is her new activity. She has ideas to develop. When she's like this, at her house, alone, thinking, she needs to eat plenty of chocolate, which I totally understand because so do I. She keeps hers in the fridge, becasue it's expensive. I keep mine in my rucksack in an old brown padded envelope that says it has tax documents inside, so if she runs out she won't be tempted to rummage and find my supplies. You can't be too careful. Anyway, because she's been writing about criminal stuff, she's even more likely to totally ignore the fact that it's illegal to nick someone else's chocolate supply. She gets carried away quite easily. I can imagine her saying that to a policeman some day, I'm really sorry, but I was thinking about killing someone and then this annoying person got in my way and I got carried away, it just happened. Oops.
No comments:
Post a Comment