


It snowed today in Edinburgh, hey...it was brilliant, actually, really big fluffy flakes, and they stayed on the roofs and trees and tops of cars. Why is it that watching snow fall beyond a window pane makes you feel like a kid again? Anyway, the snow reminded me of Susie's thing about Jon Snow, the newsman on Channel 4. She's getting a bit fed up that so many people rave about him, because I think - I only think, I wouldn't ask her about it, right now - she feels like when you've discovered a brilliant band and you buy their first single and their first album and read about them in the magazines and go to their concerts and then suddenly they're big and everybody starts saying 'oh yeah, i LOVE that band, they're so cool' and it's like, hang on, I was their biggest fan way back then and now you're trying to tell me how great they are? Huh. Anyway, I mean that Susie's always watched the Channel 4 news and had a bit of a thing about Jon Snow, and about Alex Thomson (he's the tall dark one with what I think are called Sardonic eyebrows), and recently more and more people are saying on TV how they have a crush on Jon Snow, and she's a bit huffy. But the other thing I was thinking today was about Obama and Snow being in America to report on his president-elect thing, phase, whatever, and about the whole black and white issue and how it's going to change, and how maybe we need something like that in the UK too. But then - as Susie says - you wonder about the fact that there are hardly any women in positions of power - or rather in office (because the word power is like the whole political thing is a war, and it ought not to be) - and even, if you look at Celebrity Big Brother, right now, how all the guys are voting out all the women except the ones that are very feminine and quiet and don't have opinions. It's a blooming disgrace, and I bet they'll only be happy when there's nobody left but LaToya Jackson, and she's not even a woman, she's like one of those Japanese cartoon-characters from anime films, like a doll, with those long talons because she never ever ever in her life does any washing up. Anyway, I hope the Obama thing actually does what people hope it will. And I hope Susie gets to meet Jon Snow (and Alex Thomson) some day, so she can get over her thing about that, and if she doesn't maybe I could, and then tell her all about it and tell them all about her, and ...la la la, a happy ending, etc. The snow's mostly gone now. And so am I because it's time to stir the stew and watch the news. On C4 obviously, with Jon Snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment