Going on with that theme of songs with weird titles, I just thought of this one (above) because tomorrow Susie's going to be flying off for a wee break. She did her online check-in and stuff, so it all seems fine, except because she's a worrier, and because it's a small company who run these flights, she was going round yesterday saying 'what if the flight's suddenly overbooked? what if it's cancelled due to a rainstorm? what if they lose my suitcase, or say it's too heavy, or they erase all the info on the disk of the laptop???' and so on. It's a bit like not watching a kettle, so it will boil, I suppose. Like, if she imagines all the worst scenarios then they ought not to happen, but if they do happen, she can die happy (or whatever) knowing she knew all along nothing would go right. A kind of insurance policy against God (if she believed in God, in the normal way. I don't really know what she believes, actually, just that she didn't much enjoy living in a convent. As a child.She might enjoy one now, if there was one where they brought you cocoa and biscuits in bed and let you write instead of pray.)
Anyway. While she's away - and I don't know how long that is yet, she wouldn't tell me - I'm going to do other things, like hang out at Festival shows and read a book and water her plants.
ALIENS LAND IN CAPITAL CITY!!
Okay, very small aliens that got here in a flying colander....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment