Yesterday was roasting hot, bright blue sky, sunlight so strong you had to wear shades, skin glowing dead white, body feeling clammy under your clothes, and after a few minutes out you had to start looking for shadows to move into. Today, back to normal: grey, cloudy, windy, gritty streets (all Edinburgh is being dug-up for the tram-tracks) and pretty much a 'will I need a cardigan/umbrella/hat/raincoat?' kind of day. A 'should I drink hot tea or cold juice' kind of day. Today it's a hot tea day. And maybe a cardigan later.
Scottish weather is useless. I mean, I do love it, when it suits the season, like snow in the winter, but right now I'm sick of it, and sick of becoming one of those people who think about it. What would it be like to live in a tropical country, where it only rains for 2 months of the year, at exactly 4 to 4.47 every afternoon? You'd just plan your whole day to be inside during the rain. And put all your plants on the patio or bring in your washing after lunch. Actually, maybe it would be so humid that it would be a bit horrible. Loads of insects and rotting smells. I'd never move to Florida, for instance. Bugs the size of your head, and all your clothes go mouldy, apparently, unless you do the American thing and have huge air-conditioning units in your house, and then live in denial about climate change and stuff.
New York, though....
ALIENS LAND IN CAPITAL CITY!!
Okay, very small aliens that got here in a flying colander....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment