ALIENS LAND IN CAPITAL CITY!!
Okay, very small aliens that got here in a flying colander....
Tuesday, 29 July 2008
Understanding
Somebody pointed out to me today, after reading Susie's article about migraines, that maybe that's why she tends to be quite gloomy and cutting and bossy and stuff. And I hadn't really thought about it that way, but they're probably right. I don't suppose you realise what it's like having chronic pain unless you have it yourself. I know I get quite grumpy when I don't feel well. Suppose if I didn't feel well most of the time, I would be dead grumpy, nasty and growling, like a fox with its tail caught in a door. You'd try giving it bits of ham to distract it from the problem but it would try to bite you, and scratch, and you'd be a bit scared to go near it. Though I know if I said that to Susie she'd say 'Well, it's very nice of you to be so sensitive, Marina, but you still haven't put the kettle on/finished filing those papers/been to the post office to send those parcels, so let's just focus on now, shall we?' - because she's become used to it, and hates being pitied, and would rather be Spartacus than a sappy wee thing. And I understand that, I think. Except that I'm still a bit scared when I offer her ham. Metaphysically.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment