Nothing much to say today, just wanted to add a pic of some sheep. Here they are. A bit demonic, one has red eyes and one has black eyes, although in fact real sheep have yellowish gold eyes, a bit spooky. Spooky-baaa.I used to play with toys like this a lot. When I was much younger, obviously. I kept them in one of my Gran's old handbags, it was huge, bigger than my head. I had all sorts of animals, little white-painted fences and gates, some of Gran's wee jewellery boxes that I pretended were houses and barns, rows of cottage-garden-y plastic flowers, milkmaids, men carrying buckets and rakes, (sometimes footballers or crusaders on horseback or military people with bazookas and hand grenades, which didn't really fit the theme) ducks and chickens and trucks and cars. They were all out of proportion with each other, but it doesn't matter when you're only 4 or 5, does it? I used to make up long stories about how they had all met and decided to run a kind of farm, more like a commune really, which is quite interesting considering I had no idea about politics - it just seemed like a nice friendly cooperative thing for them all to do. I suppose it would have been a pretty bad farm, not very productive, just all standing around eating the plastic flowers or carrying their buckets, no harvest of the crops , no slaughtering. Oh well. I was a Socialist Idealist.
No comments:
Post a Comment