ALIENS LAND IN CAPITAL CITY!!

ALIENS LAND IN CAPITAL CITY!!
Okay, very small aliens that got here in a flying colander....

Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Abstract Thoughts

This is sort of what I was thinking the inside of my brain looked like today, just a big jumble of stuff in scraggly shapes. At least, when I first looked at this I thought it was just abstract, but now I think it's meant to be a picnic - you can see things that could be salad and hard boiled eggs and bananas, and there's the nice checked cloth. I really like it. Either as a scarf designed to remind you of a picnic, or as a kind of metaphor of what you dream about in the horrible cold dark dull days of the winter - the possibility that in the future it will be warm again and you could eat salads and go outdoors to eat them, and not crave lentil soup and cocoa and baked potatoes and stews and things. Oh well. Meanwhile, it feels like a huge effort just to bite into an apple, or anything cold and good for you, rather than a biscuit and then another one and another one. And want to fall asleep. Maybe there should be winter picnics, where you have pork pies and sausage rolls and bridies and cornish pasties and hot flasks of tomato soup and tea and shortbread and apple crumble still warm...and you could go to the beach wearing a huge big coat and hat and mittens and find a sheltered spot and it might be quite nice. And then you could run up and down a bit and then go to the fish and chip shop on the way home for some more greasy salty yummy stuff... and before you keeled over and died entirely from all those calories, you'd also take some vitamin C tablets and make yourself a promise to eat yoghurt and porridge in the mornings.

No comments: