
How can it be nearly 2009 already? It's only just been Chr***mas!!! Actually I think these holidays should shift a bit, be officially moved a couple of weeks later, because it's always colder around New Year than it is at Chr***mas, and it would be better to have people off work when it's cold so they can stay at home and eat nice things and watch telly and sleep a lot, or have flu, or go sledging. Instead, when January arrives, they've got to start working again and being all positive about their resolutions and not eating biscuits and going jogging. It's just all out of synch...
Maybe it's only on this side of the world, though, because in Australia apparently it's roasting, so even if they do mostly celebrate Chr***mas with a traditional sort of meal (or at least the Australians who have been there since the 50s and 60s do, apparently, eat turkeys and puddings) they also have to wear sunblock and stuff. Which must be odd. You'd rather have a cold salad, wouldn't you?
Anyway. Here I am obsessing about the weather again. It's a disease. There were people found dead in snow drifts in Canada who'd been stuck in them and died a week ago, so a wee bit of frost in the street is probably nothing to make a fuss about, but still. Maybe it's in my genes.
I like this kangaroo. I wonder if you can get platypusses and emus as well?
HAPPY NEW YEAR
No comments:
Post a Comment