I've realised why everyone covers their house floors in carpets and linoleum and fake wood veneer stuff; it stops some of the dust. And makes it harder to see, too. Anyway, Susie's house - because of her severe dust mite allergy - has no carpets or linoleum or fake wood (she thinks the chemicals that make those would give her migraines etc) but it's one of the dustiest places. Not because she never cleans (though she doesn't much, I do) but because it's old and full of stuff and near main roads and trains stations with loads of pollution in the air. And in the morning she goes around coughing and muttering, like an old man. What she really needs is a plain big room with an air purifier and no curtains, somewhere out in the countryside, maybe a desert where it's not damp so you don't get mould and dust mites and stuff so much. She says 'yeah, and when you make your first million, Marina, I'm counting on you to make that happen for me'.
I don't play the lottery, and I'm not going to inherit anything (except maybe some premium bonds from my gran) so unless I invent an amazing new way to create energy, or write a bestselling memoir, I think she's going to go on coughing and muttering for a while.
ALIENS LAND IN CAPITAL CITY!!
Okay, very small aliens that got here in a flying colander....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment