ALIENS LAND IN CAPITAL CITY!!

ALIENS LAND IN CAPITAL CITY!!
Okay, very small aliens that got here in a flying colander....

Saturday, 12 July 2008

Fat Trees


My friend Susie has been back a week from doing the tutoring thing, up in the Highlands. She said it was very tiring, mentally, because of being with other people so much, even though she enjoyed it and thought they were very nice. The funny thing is - ironic? - that when she's been part of a group she misses her quiet time, but when she's all alone she moans on about how she needs company. So then I say "well, yeah, but you've got me" and she says, "well, yeah, but I mean, you know, serious mental stimulus, intellectual challenges, big ideas." Which I think she doesn't realise is a bit hurtful, because I'm not a complete idiot and I do my best, but I do understand. Hmm. So anyway, when she's not yelling 'I want to be alo-o-o-one!' she's 'hungry for new adventures and new influences' (that's how she puts it). 'Blissful solitude interrupted by joyous frolics', is another phrase I've heard. Well, seen, in an email she sent someone. I think she's forgotten how much access I have to her communications stuff. And she says she's got no time to read this blog, so I suppose I can say what I like.

Can't think of anything else right now. But here's a pic I took off her mobile phone, a painting she said was in a gallery of modern art in Zagreb. It's of some weirdly fat trees, but it's called 'Park' and the painter's name is Tiljak, which sounds like some American device for keeping track of stolen cars or tills or something.

No comments: