ALIENS LAND IN CAPITAL CITY!!

ALIENS LAND IN CAPITAL CITY!!
Okay, very small aliens that got here in a flying colander....

Monday, 16 June 2008

More on Milngavie (pronounced Mull-guy)

So, she rings from the train to say "Hey, Marina, Milngavie was really nice, I had a good time" - as if I'd been the one with trepidations - and then she warbles on about how rarely writers get to meet their readers, although in this case they weren't already her readers, but maybe with 20 odd books sold they now will be - and that's the whole point - anyway, I don't say anything (except, Oh, right, uh-uh, okay, great, lovely, glad it went well, are you going to make some cocoa and go to bed now, and what time tomorrow will you be needing help to sort out those bookshelves) but in fact this is very very typical of Susie, she gets into a kind of 'thing' about going to places and grumps and worries and then gets there and surprises herself. It's like a hermit crab crawling out of its shell for a shuffle around on the seabed, a skip and a hop and a snack and then back into the armour-plating. I think she should do more of it instead of living vicariously.

No comments: